LTR, Intermediate / Advanced & Sculling
LEARN TO ROW (LTR) (For rising 8th-11th grade) @ 8:00AM - 10:00AM
INTERMEDIATE/ADVANCED (Prior Experience Required) @ 10:00AM - 12:00PM
There is a sculling camp for rising 6th & 7th grades run thru Chesterfield Parks & Rec. Contact Chesterfield Parks & Rec for registration or RCC.
SESSION 1: JUNE 19 - JUNE 30 ( in session )
SESSION 2: JULY 17 - JULY 28 (FULL)
SESSION 3: AUGUST 7 - AUGUST 18 (Monday - Friday) [Two week session]
NOTE: Program fees are $200.00 for the FIRST 2-week sessions.
Each incremental session is $180.00 after that.
ALL SESSIONS ARE HELD MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY FOR A 2-WEEK SESSION!
This is a great chance to learn how to row on the beautiful James River! Participants will row in a sweep-style boat (each rower has only one oar). The summer program is a combination of Open Rowing and Learn to Row.
- Click Above For Summer Rowing Registration Forms
- or Email Coach O'Rourke at firstname.lastname@example.org
- or Click On "Summer Rowing Camp 2017" Heading Above
The 2017 Summer program commences June 19th through August 18th!
Due to the power boat traffic on the James River during the summer, we usually restrict ourselves to rowing in the morning hours from 6AM to 12PM.
- Sculling lessons @ $45.00 per 2-hour group session ($75.00 per individual session) can be done as arranged with Coach O'Rourke or even in lieu of low enrollment of certain sessions.
- One session may be an adult LTR for interested parents and change in time to 6:00AM-8:00AM if necessary.
NOTE: Partial scholarships are available to students with proven financial need.
The following handbook provides practical information, general guidelines and expectations about the River City Crew rowing program. Download Handbook
River City Crew rows out of Robious Landing Park.
River City Crew
River City Crew
c/o Tom O'Rourke,
556 Ice House Ct.,
Manakin Sabot, VA 23103
Tom O'RourkeExecutive Director
& Head Coach